Last updated: October 16, 2020
Our view on cancellations is intertwined with our Community Guidelines. We trust and hope that you all will be respectful of each other, be fair, and be honest. We understand that sometimes conflicts come up, and you can’t always control that. But we also need to be cognizant of all parties’ time. We think we’ve found a good balance below.
The most critical part of our cancellation policy: if a conflict arises, please always try to reschedule the booking, rather than fully cancelling. We’re not an airline, there are no change fees. Finding another time that works for both of you is the ideal state here.
For when you do absolutely have to cancel (hopefully this is extremely rare), below is our policy.
Customers (college applicants)
- Before the student you requested to book accepts your booking, you can cancel for free, no problem at all.
- After a student accepts your booking request, you can cancel the booking for a full refund up until 72 hours before the call. Again, please always try to reschedule rather than cancel!
- Within 72 hours, cancellations unfortunately cannot be given a refund, and you will be charged the full amount. This is to be fair to the college student and their time commitments.
- If the college student cancels on you, you will be given a full refund.
Providers (college students)
- Remember that this is a “Request to book” platform, not an “Instant book” platform; you always have the ability to decline a booking request, or propose a better time.
- After you do accept a booking request, please make every effort possible to honor that time. Our platform is built on trust and respect. If a conflict comes up, please try to reschedule (rather than cancel) as soon as you possibly can.
- If you absolutely must cancel (this should be extremely rare), do so as early as possible. There should be very few cases where it’s actually necessary to cancel the booking rather than reschedule.
- College student cancellations will be treated on a case by case basis. College students should never cancel (rather than reschedule) without a very legitimate reason. If a student is found to abuse this system, their account may be terminated.